If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Visitor

Android SDK full screen controls

[ Edited ]

I've been working on an application that requires full screen display of the ooyala player.  I'm also required to implement custom controls for the player.  I've worked with the instructions here, http://help.ooyala.com/video-platform/concepts/mobile_sdk_android_custom_controls.html I copied the files over AbstractDefaultOoyalaPlayerControls and DefaultOoyalaPlayerFullscreenControls , and have told the player to use the full screen controls that I copied over.  I have not yet made any changes to these files, just copied them over, and I've found that the progress spinner does not ever go away and when I touch the video the controls do not pop up as they do using the built in controls.  In essence I'm left with a video that I can't control and an always showing progress bar.  Any help would be appreciated!

Ooyalan

Re: Android SDK full screen controls

Hey,

Can you please share more information on this?

Information like:

* Device

* Android version

* Ooyala SDK version

Will help on reproduce the issue and give you an advice on how to solve this.

Regards,

Raul Flores

Occasional Visitor

I have been running on a few different devices.

Galaxy Nexus - Android 4.3

Nexus 7 - Android 4.4

Emulator - Android 4.0.3

All have been running on what the player reports as 2.7.0_RC3

For a little bit more background of what I have:

A fragment with an OoyalaPlayerLayout, OoyalaPlayer, and OoyalaPlayerLayoutController.  I also have a button in the fragment that alows me to put the OoyalaPlayer in full screen mode, by calling OoyalaPlayerLayoutController.setFullscreen(true).  If I don't use my custom LayoutControls then the circular progressbar spinner does disappear.  However if I try to set my custom full screen controls that I copied over from the default controls directory, 

playerLayoutController.setFullscreen(beFullScreen);
playerLayoutController.setFullscreenControls(fullScreenControls);

like this, I find that the circular progressbar spinner stays in the display.  And if I touch the screen the controls will not come up.  

Let me know if there is any more information I can provide.
Occasional Advisor

[ Edited ]

I'm having a similar problem; it almost seems like there's a bug in the setFullscreenControls method which causes a loading spinner to always be placed on top of the video window when it is playing back in inline (non-fullscreen?) mode.

I have an Ooyala player inside a fragment. The easiest way to reproduce the issue is to create 2 new classes that inherit from DefaultOoyalaPlayerInlineControls and DefaultOoyalaPlayerFullscreenControls:

public class InlineControls extends DefaultOoyalaPlayerInlineControls {
public InlineControls(OoyalaPlayer player, OoyalaPlayerLayout layout) {
super(player, layout);
}
}

public class FullscreenControls extends DefaultOoyalaPlayerFullscreenControls {
public FullscreenControls(OoyalaPlayer player, OoyalaPlayerLayout layout) {
super(player, layout);
}
}

Then simply use these new classes with setInlineControls and setFullscreenControls:

mOoyalaPlayerController.setInlineControls(new InlineControls(mOoyalaPlayer,mOoyalaPlayerLayout));
mOoyalaPlayerController.setFullscreenControls(new FullscreenControls(mOoyalaPlayer,mOoyalaPlayerLayout));

This will result in the always-visible loading spinner on the video when it's not fullscreened. It looks like there might possibly be 2 loading spinners visible when the video is initially buffering in inline mode.

Ooyalan

Hi,

We are aware of the issue and we have our engineering team to look at it.

Occasional Advisor

Good afternoon Karberg,

I was just wondering if you had an update on this. Is it going to be fixed in an SDK update? If so when do you think it will be released?

Cheers!
Highlighted
Ooyalan

Our engineering team is still working to resolve this issue.