If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Avoid Flickering during player initializing.

Hello,

I am initializing player on all video components on page load. I am waiting for the ooyala scripts to be loaded and then initialize(create) player for each video on my page. 

The issue I am facing is that I see the flicker of screen for a second. The screen goes to black and then after a second, I see the still picture.

Behavior observed on web browsers.

Any pointers, how can I do not show flicker on page load ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ooyalan

Re: Avoid Flickering during player initializing.

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out at us. First of all, I would like to let you know that the workflow you are following when implementing the player is all right, so there is no issue on that topic. What I have been testing is that it may be an expected behavior, I am thinking that it goes black for a second while it loads the preview image.

So far, I would not consider this an issue. Anyway, since I haven't been able to see this as a problem, it would be so helpful if you could provide a page where I could see this behavior, so that I can further analyze the problem.

Kind regards,

Paulo Perez
Ooyala Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Ooyalan

Re: Avoid Flickering during player initializing.

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out at us. First of all, I would like to let you know that the workflow you are following when implementing the player is all right, so there is no issue on that topic. What I have been testing is that it may be an expected behavior, I am thinking that it goes black for a second while it loads the preview image.

So far, I would not consider this an issue. Anyway, since I haven't been able to see this as a problem, it would be so helpful if you could provide a page where I could see this behavior, so that I can further analyze the problem.

Kind regards,

Paulo Perez
Ooyala Technical Support Engineer