If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Collector

Can AWS host a HLS link that can change at a whim?

Hi everyone,

Situation: I want AWS to host a HLS link which I can change at a whim (so, not hard coded) to guide devices like the Roku, Fire TV, Alexa, Apple TV, where the HLS link is. Currently my programs tell devices to go to Ooyala then Ooyala tells the device where to get HLS link. So, I want to cut out Ooyala and just use AWS to tell devices where to get the HLS link (at CDN).

Problem: Does anyone know if it is possible or another solution? if so, what do I need and what to research? I was thinking something along the lines of writing a script and a static IP.

If you have an idea, please label a few steps for me, so I can get an idea the possibilities!

Thank you,

Amelia

Ooyalan

Re: Can AWS host a HLS link that can change at a whim?

Dear Amelia,

Thank you for writing to us and that's an interesting question. Could you please comment on the below; It would be easier for me to discuss with our engineers.

1. Are you using Ooyala SDK product like IOS/Android SDK or Ooyala Player? If so details;

Thanks

Carrie

Highlighted
Ooyalan

Dear Amelia,

Hope you are doing good. Did you get a chance to read my last email to you? Please help us with the below to discuss with our engineering team;

1. Are you using Ooyala SDK product like IOS/Android SDK or Ooyala Player? If so details;

Regards

Carrie

Ooyalan

Dear Amelia,

Hope you are doing good. Is there any update on this ticket? Please feel free to write back to me for any technical assistance. I'll be very happy to assist you with your concerns.

Thanks

Carrie

Ooyalan

Dear Amelia,

Hope you are doing good. Is there any update on this ticket? Please feel free to write back to me for any technical assistance. I'll be very happy to assist you with your concerns.

Thanks

Carrie

Occasional Advisor

We want a clearee definition of "inform devices wherein to get the HLS link," I assume. If it's only a simple, unauthenticated GET request with a static reaction or redirect over HTTPS, you then are probably seeking out an S3 bucket

simplest is to host a pointer record in an S3 bucket (or in which-ever your website is) that includes the URL of the HLS asset. you may need to make sure it is not cached for too lengthy if the asset will change frequently. I expect ooyla s doing extra for you that simply website hosting the asset though, so have you idea of other effects of the trade?

desire

I hope this works for you .