If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Full-screen button not working on Windows 7 Chrome

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

We have a set of clients who are stuck using Windows 7 Enterprise edition at their work-place. They're experiencing a strange bug on the most recent version of Chrome (the most recent version: 68.0.3440.75). They can hit the full screen button in the Ooyala player, but once it's full screen the button will not let them leave full screen. I had them try pressing the escape button and F11, as well, but with no effect.

What could be causing this issue? If they're able to expand the window full screen, what would be keeping them from closing it again?

Any ideas at all would be helpful, as there's no way for them to consume the videos with this issue in the way. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Ooyalan

Re: Full-screen button not working on Windows 7 Chrome

Hello,

My name is Dmytro and I am part of the Ooyala Technical Support team. I will gladly assist you with this issue.

Could you please confirm that the described issue is observed only in Windows 7? The issue is not reproducible on the new Windows releases, isn't?

---
Regards,
Dmytro Didenko
Ooyala Technical Support Engineer

Frequent Visitor

Hi there Dmytro,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, that's correct. It's only happening in Windows 7 Enterprise machines and in the most recent version of Chrome, specifically. There have been no other reported issues with any other OS.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide!
Ooyalan

Hello,

We have tried to reproduce the described behaviour using Windows 7 Enterprise + chrome 68.0.3440.84 in the isolated environment but with no luck. The full-screen functionality is working without issues.

Here is the debug page: https://goo.gl/KyHwFa

Could you please test with this page? In case you don't have issues there, it's highly likely the issue is caused by the specific web player implementation on your website.

---
Regards,
Dmytro Didenko
Ooyala Technical Support Engineer