If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Visitor

How to program skip videos after five seconds

We're trying to implement skippable video ads and it's been more effort than it seems like it should be.

The ad networks, ad server, and player are all pointing fingers at each other.

The common response that we've gotten is that the player--we use Ooyala--should be able to do this.

They can't really; under perfect circumstances, they can, but this is ad ops and nothing is perfect.

So, I've tried to have one of my developers hack something together. His first pass was unsuccessful.

Does anyone have recommendations on how we might be able to code something that force skips video ads after five seconds?

Thanks for your help!

Visitor

Re: How to program skip videos after five seconds

@danashreesawant wrote:

We're trying to implement skippable video ads and it's been more effort than it seems like it should be.

The common response that we've gotten is that the player--we use Ooyala--should be able to do this.

They can't really; under perfect circumstances, they can, but this is ad ops and nothing is perfect.

So, I've tried to have one of my developers hack something together. His first pass was unsuccessful.

Does anyone have recommendations on how we might be able to code something that force skips video ads after five seconds?

Thanks for your help!

Minecraft Pocket Edition Counter-Strike Google Play Services

Visitor

@danashreesawant wrote:

Minecraft Pocket EditionThe common response that we've gotten is that the player--we use Ooyala--should be able to do this.

They can't really; under perfect circumstances, they can, but this is ad ops and nothing is perfect.Google Play Services

So, I've tried to have one of my developers hack something together. His first pass was unsuccessful.Counter-Strike

Thanks for your help!

any update guys?

Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, we don't support such solutions in Ooyala player.

Best Regards,

Vladislav Kisselev

Ooyala TS Engineer

Kudos: 10
Solutions: 4

Hi there,

I'd be glad to help look into this. Can you let me know what Ad Server you are using, and can you also provide a sample ad tag that has been properly configured to allow for skippable ads.

Thanks,

Andrew