If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Frequent Visitor

Product capability question: can people use Ooyala iOS SDK build a simplified version of Periscope?

This is an idea exploratory question and see if I am on the right track of scoping the solution. Though Periscope is used here, but it's only of conceptual discussion interest, which means an iOS app that

1. can upload live stream

2. can watch the live stream

3. can build advanced features like 'follow', 'like' etc.

If the answer to the above questions are yes, then what would be the cost model I, as the app owner, to expect? Does  Ooyala charge the number of my iOS installation (which means SDK is charged as a per licence model), or Ooyala charge the video usage?

Thanks

Ooyalan

Re: Product capability question: can people use Ooyala iOS SDK build a simplified version of Perisco

Hi Seany,

Thanks you for contacting us.

1. can upload live stream

-Yes, You will need to develop this complex logic If you want that every user upload a live stream.

2. can watch the live stream

-Yes, You can watch live streams on iOS if you set up the channel.

3. can build advanced features like 'follow', 'like' etc.

-No, we do not have something to track this. You will need to do your own implementation.

Here is more info about Ooyala Live: http://help.ooyala.com/video-platform/concepts/chapter_live_streaming.html

About the charge you will need to contact your CSM to have that information. Since this depends about your model and what other services you have.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Product capability question: can people use Ooyala iOS SDK build a simplified version of Perisco

"contact your CSM..." -- what is a CSM?
Ooyalan

Hi Seany,

CSM means Customer Success Manager.

This the person who take care of your account.

Are you a customer of us?

If not, can you send me your contact info in private message so we can contact you and have a better overview of your topic.

Regards,

Ooyala TS

Frequent Visitor

what's your email for a private msg to discuss this further?

Highlighted
Advisor

im facing it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it? with regadrs