If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Using V3 path Without Overriding Custom Player Settings in Backlot Account Manager

With the new V3 Player system, it is required to use the following script tag with the new Player Branding Id parameter:

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/v3/<player_branding_id></script>

If I provide a specific Player Branding ID it ovverrides whatever Custom Player has been set for a particular video through the Backlot Account Manager. How do I preserve the player that has been selected through Backlot and not override it if the script tag requires a Player Branding ID? I tried leaving off the Player Branding ID in the hope that it would just default to whatever player had been selected for the video in Backlot but it just broke.

Accepted Solutions
Ooyalan

Re: Using V3 path Without Overriding Custom Player Settings in Backlot Account Manager

Hi rgreen,

Populating the "player branding id" segment in the player script tag is a requirement. To preserve the player assigned in Backlot, we recommend you to use the player embed code provided in the "Embed" sub-tab under Backlot's "Manage" tab.

Thank you

Ooyala Technical Support Team

View solution in original post

All Replies
Topics: 178
Kudos: 108
Blog Posts: 78
Ideas: 3
Solutions: 39

Re: Using V3 path Without Overriding Custom Player Settings in Backlot Account Manager

Hi rgreen,

I have alerted our support team of your issue. Someone will be responding shortly.

Regards,
Thomas
Please show your appreciation to others. If someone helps you, don't forget to give them Kudos by clicking the star button next to their post. If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Check out our latest Ooyala Engineering Blog!
Ooyalan

Hi rgreen,

Populating the "player branding id" segment in the player script tag is a requirement. To preserve the player assigned in Backlot, we recommend you to use the player embed code provided in the "Embed" sub-tab under Backlot's "Manage" tab.

Thank you

Ooyala Technical Support Team