If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Frequent Visitor

V4 iframe. Possible to modify appearance with skin.json properties?

I'm using an iframe to video play videos on a site. I have autoplay set to true. 

The problem is that as the video loads, the play button appears for a split second before the video starts playing. It makes for a bit of an ugly experience in our use case. 

You can turn off the play button via a skin.json property: http://apidocs.ooyala.com/player_v4_skin_config/schemas/skin-schema_json.html

Is there anyway to achieve this using parameters passed via the iframe src url? Or some other way when using an iframe?

Ooyalan

Re: V4 iframe. Possible to modify appearance with skin.json properties?

Dear Eysikal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please correct me whether I understood the problem;

Issue: Player is set to Autoplay, but when the Video is loaded on your web page, the Play Button appears for a split second and causing bad user experience. 

Requirement: You would like to TURN OFF the play button using the SKIN.JSON file.

Suggestion: Please download the response locally from SKIN.JSON and modify the below under START SCREEN code in the Skin.JSON file; Use your local path or server path to achieve the same.

"showPlayButton": true,

If you are using the production latest, then the code can be downloaded from the below link;

Link# http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/latest/skin-plugin/skin.json

My sincere apologies if I have misunderstood your query and please clarify the same by providing the sample code/screenshot.

Regards

Carrie

Ooyala Tech Support 

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

Yes. That describes the issues accurately. 

However, since I am using an Ooyala-hosted iframe, will overriding settings with a skin.json file I host actually work? For instance, I can’t change any CSS within the Ooyala iframe because of cross-domain issues. That’s how I initially attempted to address the issue. 

Ooyalan

Dear Eysikal,

Could you please share us the test page to perform the test/validate and let you know our observation.

Thanks

Carrie

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately I have no way of sharing because the page is not available to the public. I will try what's suggested. But I'll ask again, can skin.json settings affect an Ooyala iframe?

Highlighted
Ooyalan

Dear Eysikal,

Please reach out to us for any technical assistance about this issue. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks

Carrie