If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Visitor

V4 iframe. Possible to modify appearance with skin.json properties?

I'm using an iframe to video play videos on a site. I have autoplay set to true. 

The problem is that as the video loads, the play button appears for a split second before the video starts playing. It makes for a bit of an ugly experience in our use case. 

You can turn off the play button via a skin.json property: http://apidocs.ooyala.com/player_v4_skin_config/schemas/skin-schema_json.html

Is there anyway to achieve this using parameters passed via the iframe src url? Or some other way when using an iframe?

Ooyalan

Re: V4 iframe. Possible to modify appearance with skin.json properties?

Hello,

My name is Dmytro and I am part of the Ooyala Technical Support team. I will gladly assist you with this issue.

The most suitable solution for your case is to pass the custom skin.json file hosted on your server as a parameter skin.config for an iframe.

Here is an example of how it might look like:

<iframe width=640 height=480 src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/latest/skin-plugin/iframe.html?ec=<embed_code>&pbid=<player_branding_id>&pcode=<your pcode>&autoplay=true&skin.config=<path_to_your_skin.json>" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In turn, in your custom skin.json you'd need to change the following part:

"startScreen": {

"showPlayButton": false,
}

Please let me know if you have any further questions on that matter.

---
Regards,
Dmytro Didenko
Ooyala Technical Support Engineer