If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.

Billing FAQs

by Community Manager ‎01-30-2014 08:03 AM - edited ‎01-31-2014 08:28 AM (1,815 Views)

Billing FAQs

A. General

1. What is the best way to contact Ooyala’s finance department regarding billing questions?

All billing inquiries can be sent to billing@ooyala.com.

1. Our financial information has changed, whom do we contact?

All account updates should be sent to billing@ooyala.com.

1. How can I find out my contracted usage allotment?

Usage bundle amounts can be found on your Services Agreement.  If you do not have a copy of your agreement, please contact billing@ooyala.com and a member of our billing team will send a copy.

B. Regarding my invoice

1. I would like to contact someone about my billing charges, whom can I contact?

Billing inquiries should be sent to billing@ooyala.com.  

1. Why am I being charged State Sales Tax?

Some states require Ooyala to collect sales tax on software services.  We are required to collect these taxes and remit them to the respective state tax authority.  If you have any questions regarding the sales taxes you have been charged or if your company is tax exempt, please contact billing@ooyala.com.

1. I have just renewed, will I be credited for prepaid unused fees from my previous contract?

Yes, your account will be credited for the number of days of unused, pre-paid fees.  For example, if the contract value is $10,000, renewing on January 1, 2014 and an early renewal is signed effective December 1, 2013, the credit would be calculated as follows:

$10,000/365 days*31 days=$849.32

This credit will be automatically calculated and applied to the renewal invoice.  

If you have  any questions regarding this calculation, please contact billing@ooyala.com.

In the event that the prepaid fee is for a usage based bundle (ie. delivery) and the

prepaid  bundle has been completely used, there will be no credit.

1. I just purchased a bundle, why am I receiving a backdated invoice?

All invoices are dated on the effective date per the contract terms.  

If a back-dated bundle is  purchased, the invoice will also be back-dated and aged per

the terms of the contract.

D. Others

1. How can I change the contact who receives the invoice?

All account updates should be sent to billing@ooyala.com and your CSM.

1. How can I add a contact to receive the invoice?

All account updates should be sent to billing@ooyala.com.

Updated : 1-21-14