Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Advisor
Accepted Solution

You may want to change my name...

Okay, this is ridiculous. I registered with Backlot using the address "aendrew.rininsland+ooyala@mydomain..." so I could more easily filter messages (If unaware, the +whatever part is ignored by the mailserver but remains in the message headers, allowing for super easy filtering).

Alas, the forum software brilliantly thought the part *after* the plus sign was my name, so now my username is "ooyala". And I can't change it, add a nickname, etc...

Which y'alls probably don't want...

Accepted Solutions
Topics: 178
Kudos: 109
Blog Posts: 78
Ideas: 3
Solutions: 39

Re: You may want to change my name...

Great point, but I see new user registrations in real time. If I saw anything like that added to the community, I would immediately block the account.

Thanks,
Thomas
Please show your appreciation to others. If someone helps you, don't forget to give them Kudos by clicking the star button next to their post. If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Check out our latest Ooyala Engineering Blog!

View solution in original post

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Your user name is tied to the SSO of your Backlot account, you will need to change the email on that account, or add a new user name as shown in this article. Note: The forum platform (Lithium) takes all characters from the email address after a "." or "+" and uses that for the community name.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Thomas

Please show your appreciation to others. If someone helps you, don't forget to give them Kudos by clicking the star button next to their post. If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Advisor

And I should've known that when I created the user account, right?

That kinda seems like a security issue. What if somebody used the email whatever+ooyala_admin@somedomain.com — making their username "ooyala_admin" — and then used that to phish for user passwords via the PM system?

Great point, but I see new user registrations in real time. If I saw anything like that added to the community, I would immediately block the account.

Thanks,
Thomas

Highlighted
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Good to know! Thanks for the response!

Sidenote though, it won't let me change my email in Backlot — any idea why?