If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Collector

tvOS 3rd party Ad Server Integration

Hi all, I am looking for a place to start with integrating ooyala sdk to pull VAST ads from a 3rd party ad server on tvOS.

After pouring through the documentation I have come across unclear statements and am not sure if this will even be possible. In the tvOS documentation it says: "tvOS SDK provides basic playback for HLS and MP4 assets and supports FairPlay DRM, Ooyala ads, VAST ads, and Ooyala analytics."

However, when looking at the player V3 guide for integrating 3rd party ad servers, it says it supports, Flash Web, HTML5, Android, and iOS. It does not mention tvOS.

So does anyone know if you actually can pull VAST ads from a 3rd party server in tvOS and if yes, where is the best place to start?

Ooyalan

Re: tvOS 3rd party Ad Server Integration

Hello jackpanetta,

If the 3rd party AdServer provides an AdTag and you assign it to the asset in BACKLOT it will play, I'm attaching our tvOS sample app in which the first two options, Fullscreen Player and Inline Player, have a video with a VAST pre-roll, please let me know if that helps on clarifying your question.

Best,

Elias.

Ooyala TS.

Attachment
Occasional Collector

Hi, thanks for your reply!

So where do i edit the asset in BACKLOT to assign it my ad tag?

Ooyalan

Hello Jackpanetta,

In BACKLOT go to the MONITZE tab (Marked with a green line at the top). In there create an AdSet, in this case a VAST Adset, and assing the AdTag in the AdTag field.

Then go to the asset you want to have that ad playing go to asset's Monetize tab and assgin the recently  created AdTag to it.

Please let me know if you have further questions,

Best,

Elias.

Ooyala TS.