If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Advisor

How To Remove Time Bar From Player?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

We are setting up our first video and would like to do the following:

- Remove the entire time bar.

- User should not be able to rewind, forward, view time, volume, etc.

- The only thing visible should be the video itself. No bar whatsoever. 

- User can pause/unpause the video by clicking on it. 

- Video should autoplay immediately.

Can you please advise on exactly how to do everything above? Thanks in advance.

Ooyalan

Re: How To Remove Time Bar From Player?

Dear Vidone,

Thank you for writing to us. I understood that you are trying to set up a first ever video in the Ooyala player and there are provisions where you can customize the player controls in the Backlot UI while creating a video player. I would like to know what is the present player code implemented on your web page or What is the mode of player code creation for your first video. This would really help us to give you better inputs on your requirement. 

Please help us with the below;

- Are you using Backlot UI to create Player code?

- What are the player code and player version implemented on your web page?

- If you could share us the test page, would really help us to give you the right information to implement the player controls.

Regards

Carrie

Occasional Advisor

Hi Carrie,

Please see reply below:

1. Yes, we are using Backlot for our video and currently login here: https://backlot.ooyala.com/backlot

2. We haven't implemented anything from Ooyala to our website yet because we want to make the changes in my original post before implementing.

3. The website is still under development but if you PM me, I can give you the password to the test page (if necessary).

Ideally, if you could PM me, I can give you our Ooyala login information to help get the changes in my original post done. We are in a bit of rush to get these changes done, so I'd appreciate a quick resolution. Thank you.

Ooyalan

Dear Vidone,

Thank you for the information. I would suggest you to login to your backlot account and choose the "Publish Tab" where you can create a Player with default player controls like Play/Pause, Seek Bar, Volume. etc.. If you want to customize your player appearance and controls, then please use "skin.json" to make the necessary changes and you can host it locally if you want to use with your own changes. 

While implementing the player code on your web page, please refer the following link to implement the player code;

Player V4 Help Article# http://help.ooyala.com/video-platform/api/pbv4_api_embedparams.html

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Carrie

Occasional Advisor

Thanks Carrie, one last question. When we play the video on our website, I noticed it loads twice. It starts to load, then it shows a play button, and then it loads again before playing. Why is it double loading? How/Where do we fix this?

Ooyalan

Dear Vidone,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If User has set the Autoplay: True, then the player will load the play button and it will check the Autoplay at the code level. If the value is TRUE, then it will load the content in the player.

If you have set the Autoplay as FALSE, and you seeing the player loads twice then it's a problem. It could be Network speed issue or player and we need to investigate the problem. If so, could you please share the test page/live page for us to investigate the issue. 

Regards

Carrie

Ooyalan

Dear Vidone,

Hope you are doing good. Let me know if you need assistance in setting up the player with bar controls.

Please feel free to reach out to us for any technical assistance in future. I'll be very happy to assist you.

Regards

Carrie

Occasional Advisor

Hi Carrie,

We were able to get the bar controls fixed. But we are having another issue (Select To Unmute). Can you please take a look at this thread: 

http://community.ooyala.com/t5/Ooyala-Backlot-Forum/Select-To-Unmute-How-Do-I-Remove-This/td-p/10225

Please look at my 2 questions in the last post in this thread. Would really appreciate your help with these 2 questions.

Ooyalan

Dear Vidone,

Thank you for confirming the issue resolution. I also see that you have another concern with your player code implementation and there is another TS working on the ticket. Ana will get back to you with more information on your request and will let her know that you are looking for an update. 

You can also reply to the community forum ticket for a status check.

You can leave a comment about the services that you received for this ticket or Click on Kudos if you feel the service that you received for this ticket is excellent. 

Regards

Carrie