If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Advisor

Ooyala Video Will Not Display At Home - But Will On Same MacBook Using Different Router

I'm working on a website that has a lot of Ooyala videos posted to it. I cannot see the thumbnails for the videos and when I click the link of them, it tells me 'this video isn't encoded for your device'. I'm using a MacBook Pro, running El Capitan with Safari and Chrome both up to date, I've cleared my cache til the cows come home, nothing works.

I post the videos and I check using my smartphone. Which is connected to the same wifi, and it displays fine on there. It doesn't display on my iMac, but it weirdly displays fine using my wife's MacBook Pro.

When I go to the office, on a different wifi/router it displays fine on my MacBook. I've also tried using my iPhone as a hotspot and it displays fine then. It's driving me up the wall. There's no logic to why it doesn't work. I even deleted and reinstalled the browsers and even tried in FireFox. I'm at a total loss. If my wifes computer also didn't display then I'd be certain it was something to do with the settings on the router, but as it works fine for her, I'm just confused. Completely.

Ooyalan

Re: Ooyala Video Will Not Display At Home - But Will On Same MacBook Using Different Router

It sounds like a strange behavior. Do you have any firewall configuration for your computer only? This could be blocking requests to Ooyala
Make sure to take a look at any VPN configuration as well as the network in that VPN might be blocking the requests to Ooyala as well

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Ooyala Video Will Not Display At Home - But Will On Same MacBook Using Different Router

@Ashishgada wrote:

I'm working on a website that has a lot of Ooyala videos posted to it. I cannot see the thumbnails for the videos and when I click the link of them, it tells me 'this video isn't encoded for your device'. I'm using a MacBook Pro, running El Capitan with Safari and Chrome both up to date, Speed Test I've cleared my Scrabble Word Finder cache til the cows come Solitaire home, nothing works.

I post the videos and I check using my smartphone. Which is connected to the same wifi, and it displays fine on there. It doesn't display on my iMac, but it weirdly displays fine using my wife's MacBook Pro.

When I go to the office, on a different wifi/router it displays fine on my MacBook. I've also tried using my iPhone as a hotspot and it displays fine then. It's driving me up the wall. There's no logic to why it doesn't work. I even deleted and reinstalled the browsers and even tried in FireFox. I'm at a total loss. If my wifes computer also didn't display then I'd be certain it was something to do with the settings on the router, but as it works fine for her, I'm just confused. Completely.

Thank you everyone