If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Filter "concurrent" report?

First, I find it a bit confusing that the following link states "Note: At this time, the only valid value for report_type is performance", when right below that statement, there is an example of how to set report_type=concurrent.

http://help.ooyala.com/video-platform/api/analytics_v3_api_reporting_syntax.html

Is there any more detailed documentation on what can and can't be done with a "concurrent" report?  (Also, are there other hidden report types that are missing from the documentation?)

In particular, I'm interested in being able to get a concurrent users report for just live video assets (or alternatively just VOD assets).  It seems this is possible in the backlot GUI (via the "show live assets" and "show VOD assets" radio buttons), but the API doesn't seem like it will let me use a filter to accomplish this.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Ooyalan

Re: Filter "concurrent" report?

Hi redpine,

To get the concurrent report for a specific asset type, you can use "asset_type" as "live" for live assets or "vod" for VOD assets on the "filter" query parameter.

For example:

[GET] /v3/analytics/reports?report_type=concurrent&metrics=user_count&filters=asset_type=='vod'&start_date=2017-10-25T01:00&end_date=2017-10-25T01:15

We will include the missing parameters in the future documentation.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Clara

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ooyalan

Re: Filter "concurrent" report?

Hi redpine,

To get the concurrent report for a specific asset type, you can use "asset_type" as "live" for live assets or "vod" for VOD assets on the "filter" query parameter.

For example:

[GET] /v3/analytics/reports?report_type=concurrent&metrics=user_count&filters=asset_type=='vod'&start_date=2017-10-25T01:00&end_date=2017-10-25T01:15

We will include the missing parameters in the future documentation.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Clara