If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

Save/Download Video after Live Event

Hello,

when I had created and finished a Live Event. It's possible to save the Event as an Video file and download this file with the Backlot-API? 

I can't find any documentaions about this scenario. I hope someone can help me or has a documentation about this.

Sorry for that simple question. I am new in Ooyala development. 

Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Ooyalan

Re: Save/Download Video after Live Event

Hello johe2de,

So after you live event (if using Ooyala Live Platform) Live platform will trim your asset depending on the duration or if you have the option to be able to trim assets you can do this manually once this is done Live Platform will start to upload and transcode the Live event an create an asset in Backlot you will need to wait until Live event is processed and uploaded in order to download the file using the following steps:

==========================================

Steps to get the source file of a video are: 

1.- Go to https://api.ooyala.com/docs/api_scratchpad 
2.- Check "Your Account" option which is on top right corner of the page. 
3.- Enter you API KEY and API SECRET. (You can find them in [ACCOUNT -> Developers] option in Backlot). 
4.- Do a [GET] request to /v2/assets/:embed_code/streams API route. (Where :embed_code is the embed code of the asset). 
5.- Look for the stream which has "is_source" value set to true. 
6.- Use the URL under "url" value to download the source file. 
7.- Right click on the video frame and click the "Save Video As.." option. 

Note: 
The steps are also available in the Community: 

http://community.ooyala.com/t5/Backlot-Users-Knowledge-Base/Downloading-a-Source-Video-File/ta-p/792...

I hope this information answers your question, please let us know if you have any doubts.

Greetings,

Uriel

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us with your question. Yes, it is possible to convert the live event into a VOD, if you are using our Ooyala Live platform, and later download the VOD using our backlot API. Unfortunately, we don't have any documentation yet on converting the live event into VOD. I'll get back to you on this thread with more details on how to do it. 

Best Regards,

Akhil

Occasional Visitor

Hello,

thank you for your answer. It is good to know that this feature is avaiable. It would be very nice if you could give me a short step by step overview about safe a Live Steam as an Video Asset and download it. 

Best Regards,

johe

Ooyalan

Hello johe2de,

So after you live event (if using Ooyala Live Platform) Live platform will trim your asset depending on the duration or if you have the option to be able to trim assets you can do this manually once this is done Live Platform will start to upload and transcode the Live event an create an asset in Backlot you will need to wait until Live event is processed and uploaded in order to download the file using the following steps:

==========================================

Steps to get the source file of a video are: 

1.- Go to https://api.ooyala.com/docs/api_scratchpad 
2.- Check "Your Account" option which is on top right corner of the page. 
3.- Enter you API KEY and API SECRET. (You can find them in [ACCOUNT -> Developers] option in Backlot). 
4.- Do a [GET] request to /v2/assets/:embed_code/streams API route. (Where :embed_code is the embed code of the asset). 
5.- Look for the stream which has "is_source" value set to true. 
6.- Use the URL under "url" value to download the source file. 
7.- Right click on the video frame and click the "Save Video As.." option. 

Note: 
The steps are also available in the Community: 

http://community.ooyala.com/t5/Backlot-Users-Knowledge-Base/Downloading-a-Source-Video-File/ta-p/792...

I hope this information answers your question, please let us know if you have any doubts.

Greetings,

Uriel