The video playback is choppy and/or stalling. What can I do to fix it?
The player should not stall under normal circumstances. If you are constantly experiencing problems with stalling or choppy playback, please check the following:
1. Clear your browser cache. You can clear your cache under the Tools, Preferences, or Edit menu of your browser.
2. Ensure that your computer meets the minimum hardware and software requirements. Streaming video playback is extremely CPU intensive. If your CPU is running at or above about 75% you will likely encounter issues with sluggish or choppy playback.
To check your CPU please do the following:
1. You can check your CPU usage by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting "Task Manager". CPU usage percentages are listed under the "Performance" tab. You can reduce your CPU usage by closing other programs and background services which you have running at the same time as your web browser.
1. Open up your Applications folder and click on the Utilities folder. Locate and open the Activity Monitor application. At the bottom of the screen you can locate the CPU activity and may need to close any unnecessary applications to reduce CPU and improve playback quality.
2. Run a bandwidth check on your Internet connection. A minimum of 500kbps of available bandwidth is required to playback a video without problems. A few available sites for bandwidth testing are listed below. (Note: These are third- party sites and are not monitored or maintained by us. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on these websites.)
3. Some antivirus programs, Internet security applications and/or content filters may interfere with the media player's ability to provide uninterrupted playback by preventing timely delivery of the video content. Temporarily disabling these types of programs while viewing the website content may afford you a more enjoyable playback experience. For information on how to disable a specific program, please contact the software vendor.
If you continue to experience stalling problems after ensuring that you meet the system requirements, bandwidth requirements and have disabled the aforementioned programs, please contact technical support.