If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Collector
Accepted Solution

Sitecore CMS Connector - Setting HTML5 as default player for V3 player?

Hey guys! :)

Is it possible to set the HTML5 player as default for the Sitecore CMS Connector? I believe this uses the V3 player.

I noticed looking at the code of the iframe injected that it sets 'playform=html5-fallback' by default. Is there's a way to change this to 'html5-priority'?

I have tried passing 'platform' as a parameter from the Sitecore plugin, which does pass it to the iframe below as params, however the script which loads the video in the iFrame still uses 'platform=html5-fallback' (as shown below).

This is the code the connector injects. Notice I've tried adding the platform parameter.

<iframe width="400" height="300" class="player-frame" src="/layouts/MediaFramework/Sublayouts/Player.aspx?itemId=[ITEMID]&playerId=[PLAYERID]&width=400&height=300&platform=html5-priority" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

However this is one of the scripts inside of the iFrame. You'll notice the 'platform=html5-fallback' is specified by default. Wondering if there's a way to change this.

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/v3/[VIDEOID]?platform=html5-fallback&namespace=ooyalaplayer_[PLAYERID]" type="text/javascript"></script>

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Ooyalan

Re: Sitecore CMS Connector - Setting HTML5 as default player for V3 player?

Hi,

I am sorry this is not current an option from Sitecore directly. We will raise this as a feature to add in a future version. Thanks for bringing this up.

Thanks

Ramon G.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ooyalan

Hi,

I am sorry this is not current an option from Sitecore directly. We will raise this as a feature to add in a future version. Thanks for bringing this up.

Thanks

Ramon G.
Occasional Visitor

Seems that this one is possible in present sitecore 9 version. Check it out once. If you still need help in Sitecore Development reply to me. My organization developers are experts in sitecore development.