If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

player V3 is not running .avi video file

[ Edited ]

Hi Team,

I am using Ooyala video player to play my uploaded files to Ooyala. i am not able to play ".avi" files and during the debigging i got below errors on my browser console :-

WARNING: Player and movie providers do not match. and after that my video doesn't start playing. below is the screen-shot.

ooyala_v3_avi_error.png

This error comes from the JS file of Ooyala and below is the code which throughs the warning :-

rrors&&r.errors.player_movie_mismatch&&typeof window.console!="undefined"&&typeof window.console.log=="function"&&console.log("WARNING: Player and movie providers do not match")},

Let me know if ".avi" is not supported in Ooyala player V3 version and if not then will it be supported in V4 version.

P.S. :- i went through Ooyala 

Thanks in advance,

Amit

Accepted Solutions
Ooyalan

Re: player V3 is not running .avi video file

Hi Amit,

I've checked the error logs for your recently uploaded files (these are unfortunately not currently user-visible), and it looks like the error is occurring because the files are using an unsupported video codec. For these files to be transcoded by our system, you would need to re-encode them into a different codec.

For details on our supported formats, please refer to this knowledge base article.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Jack

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ooyalan

Hi Amit,

Jack from Ooyala technical support here. I'll help you out with this!

The warning you're seeing in the browser console means that the player ID you have specified does not belong to the account that the video you're trying to play back belongs to.

The "Unknown content specified" warning that you're seeing usually means that the player does not recognise the embed code you have provided it.

Would you be able to show me your test page, or replicate it on a public site such as JSBin? I can quickly check over how you have set up your video player and suggest how to fix it.

Regarding your concern about .avi files - that should not be an issue. When files are uploaded to Backlot, they are transcoded into multiple formats suitable for playback on desktop and mobile web browsers. So while the file you uploaded is an .avi file, Backlot will process this into HLS, HDS, and MP4 formats by default. The specific formats will depend on how your processing profile is set up. For further reading on video encoding, this knowledge base article should be quite helpful.

Let me know if you are able to share your test page.

Many thanks,

-Jack

Regular Visitor

Thanks Jack for your response.

Right now  i am not having access to Ooyala backlot webapp to see the settings for my Ooyala video player. Also the embed code for my video is `Y4ajYzYTE6Ia4Nda7P2Y6_7WgNGmb-hU` and `54MzczYTE6H0PGI5lCcEhCGzRz911Nyp`. 

Also this is the bug which i am trying to solve for my company and can't provide code on public site.

Could you point me out, where to see the request and error logs from Ooyala and what i could do to debugg it from my side.

Thanks,
Amit

Regular Visitor

Hi Jack,

I got the access to backlot web app and found that the .avi videos are having error but couldn't find the error stack trace in Ooyala side. Attached is the screen-shot of the backlot web app, which shows all the .avi videos are having an error.

Also i checked the flow from my application and initially we get uploading status from Ooyala and get the embed code as well for the video but after sometime when we again query the ooyala API to check the status of video, we get the error but unfortunately Ooyala API doesn't return any hint about the error.

Let me know, how can i check the cause of error for my videos.

Looking for faster response.

ooyala backlot video error

I also tried going into the details of each video file which has error but couldn't find anything. below is the screen-shot of encoding tab of a sample image.Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 7.21.47 PM.png

Thanks,

Amit 

Regular Visitor

Hi Jack,

I just tried to upload a .avi video directly using the Backlot web app and still got the error. while videos with .mp4 extension got uploaded successfully.

I am quite sure its some account setting which is missing in our Ooyala account, that is why its giving error, could you please point out that particular setting and let me know your mail-id , so that i can provide the details of my account.
Ooyalan

Hi Amit,

I've checked the error logs for your recently uploaded files (these are unfortunately not currently user-visible), and it looks like the error is occurring because the files are using an unsupported video codec. For these files to be transcoded by our system, you would need to re-encode them into a different codec.

For details on our supported formats, please refer to this knowledge base article.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Jack

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi there,

I have an avi file that does not work. The video codec is H.264. Why is this particular file not supported? Here is the screen shot with the file infor for quicktime. video sc1.jpg

Topics: 179
Kudos: 109
Blog Posts: 78
Ideas: 3
Solutions: 39

[ Edited ]

Hi mxshrestha,

Thanks for posting in the Ooyala Community. Could you please start a new topic?  I will make sure someone from our support team responds back to you.

Thanks,

Thomas

Please show your appreciation to others. If someone helps you, don't forget to give them Kudos by clicking the star button next to their post. If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Check out our latest Ooyala Engineering Blog!