If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Advisor

Default play icon from iPhone 6 safari browser

Hi,

I have integrated OOyala player V4 for my project to play the videos. Asp.net with MVC, c# and javascript skills are used in my project. I am using custom controls (play, pause, forward, backward , full screen and normal screen) to control the video. I am able to play the video using ooyala plugin & able to display the custom controls on top of the video region.

I have disabled all controls which are provided by ooyala and used custom controls in my project. I have been developed respective javascript code to control (play, pause, forward & backward) the video.

Skill set : Asp.Net MVC, c# and javascript

Browser   : chrome (65.0.3325.181)

Now the issue is

When I play the video from iPhone 6 where it uses safari browser, There is default play icon is displayed in center of the video region. Image is attached to this post and marked as red color. 

Player configuration java script code:

ooyalaPlayer = OO.Player.create(
'VideoPanel',
videoGuid, {
autoplay: false,
height: '100%',
width: '100%',
initialTime: 1,
showAdMarquee: true,
showInAdControlBar: false,
layout: 'chromeless',
'flashParams': {
hide: 'all',
oo_scrubber: false,
},
'scrubberParams': {
"show_play_button": false
},
onCreate: window.OnCreate,
css: '.oo_end_screen { display: none;}'

}

Kindly could you give me solution to remove default play icon from video region in iPhone 6.

Regards,

chittibabu chellu

iPhone-Play.PNG

Re: Default play icon from iPhone 6 safari browser

Hi chittibabu,

Thanks for writing to us. We'll be happy to assist with this one. As you're using a custom modification, it'll be difficult for us investigate this issue without the complete code base. We'll need to debug the page and see where that "play" icon is coming from. I suggest that you open a support case on the customer portal, and share with us a test page that shows the problem. 

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

Best Regards,

Akhil

Occasional Advisor

Re: Default play icon from iPhone 6 safari browser

[ Edited ]

Hi Akhil,

Thanks for quick reply.

Development Process:

Actually we develope the page using asp.net with mvc , C# and Javascript and tested on desktop chrome browser. Then we are doing the testing on chrome from android mobiles & safari  from iOs mobiles.

It is working fine from all android mobiles. The issue is coming from only iOS mobiles whrere iOS mobiles where it uses safari browser. We also don't no to debug the code from mobiles (android & iOS) directly.

With this post, I am attaching the test page to play the video.

Skill set: Asp.net with mvc, C# and java script

Issue:

When I play the video from iPhone 6 where it uses safari browser, There is default play icon is displayed in center of the video region. Image is attached to this post and marked as red color. 

Kindly could you provide me the solutions to remove the default play icon from iOS mobiles (iPhone).

Regards,

chittibabu chellu

Attachment
Play-Gray.png