If you don't find an answer, please click here to post your question.
Occasional Advisor
Accepted Solution

player controls not displayed correctly

[ Edited ]

Hi , 

I have embedded v4 into my project and the scripts I used are

<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.12.6/core.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.12.6/skin-plugin/html5-skin.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.12.6/skin-plugin/html5-skin.min.css"/>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.12.6/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.12.6/other-plugin/discovery_api.min.js"></script>

sometimes the controls are not displayed properly.

please find the attached screenshot of improper controls

www 166 demo.png

actually, it should display as

actual player.png

Also sometimes, letter "h" is displayed for a fraction of 1 or 2 seconds and then changing to play icon.

can you please let me know, whats the reason for such behaviour.

Accepted Solutions
Ooyalan

Re: player controls not displayed correctly

This usually happens when the skin.json is not the same version as the plugin versions or if it's overriding using the player parameters.

My recommendation it's to use player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production and make sure there are no overrides in the player parameters, here's an example

<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/core.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/skin-plugin/html5-skin.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/skin-plugin/html5-skin.min.css"/>
<div id='container' style='width:1920px;height:1080px;'></div>
<script>
var playerParam = {
'pcode':'YourPCODE',
'playerBrandingId':'YourPlayerID',
};
OO.ready(function() {window.pp = OO.Player.create('container', 'yourEmbedCode', playerParam);});
</script>

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ooyalan

Re: player controls not displayed correctly

This usually happens when the skin.json is not the same version as the plugin versions or if it's overriding using the player parameters.

My recommendation it's to use player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production and make sure there are no overrides in the player parameters, here's an example

<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/core.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js"></script>
<script src="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/skin-plugin/html5-skin.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//player.ooyala.com/static/v4/production/skin-plugin/html5-skin.min.css"/>
<div id='container' style='width:1920px;height:1080px;'></div>
<script>
var playerParam = {
'pcode':'YourPCODE',
'playerBrandingId':'YourPlayerID',
};
OO.ready(function() {window.pp = OO.Player.create('container', 'yourEmbedCode', playerParam);});
</script>